Thursday 16 August 2007

Frog post

Another quick post today since when we had dinner tonight at our hotel restaurant in the outdoor area I asked Fin what was on the post of the pool fence nearby and he said it was a rock. I kept looking at it thinking it had a distinctly familiar shape and finally went up closer and said, “I thought it was a frog!” There was a large green tree frog sitting up out of the top of the metal post looking down on the ground for, what I am guessing would become its dinner, some bugs.
I took a photo but hope Tristan doesn’t tell Daisy because she will be jealous. This guy makes Daisy look petite! The waitress told us there are five of them that come out of the posts along there usually at around 8pm but I only saw one other at the far end which disappeared back down into its post when I tried to take its photo. It was about half the size of the first one which had gone by this stage. Not sure if it went back down into the post or jumped out and went hunting.

No comments: