Tuesday 11 September 2007

Swan River - Perth 10th September, 2007


Today we are in Perth and it was a 'get things done' day so we put the car in for a service, I rang Vodafone to sort out (I hoped) the internet problem and we got some washing done. We also needed to sort our clothes out because the weather is getting colder in the south of the state and most of our summery clothes could go into the big case and while our warmer clothes were needed in our smaller one that we take in with us where we're staying. So, a fairly mundane day really and after a lot of time spent I didn't get the Vodafone connection to work. In fact the updated program wouldn't even find the modem! The guy was meant to call me back but didn't so we are just fed up with it now and will use other means of connecting and deal with Vodafone later.

Eventually we went for a walk down to the river and along it for a while. There were quite a few interesting birds along there including a white faced Heron and an Australian ringed parrot but it was getting late and I didn't have my big zoom with me so I didn't get a good shot of it yet but we will be back in Perth after our look around the south so I plan to go back and see what bird shots I can get then. It is quite a pleasant place for a walk. I took a couple of sunset shots and reflections on the river as you can see. There were quite a few people using either the river or the path for recreation or exercise and the race track is right next door because we are in Ascot and so people take their horses down to the river too we could see by the places they have for them to do so.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, you've got some superb photos here, just stunning.
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Love,
Maree